About Me

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Now what?

Since I am new at this and don't really know what I am supposed to do next, I will start with the past and see where I go from there.....

Here are a few of my Favorite Memories taken from Facebook:

Monday, February 14th, I spent Valentine's Day with my favorite patient, Harrison:

"While sitting in the doctor's office with Harrison, I had to laugh at his attempt to keep the nurse from pricking his finger. Unfortunately for him, she didnt believe him when he said his fingers were out of blood."

January 26, 2011; The Night That the Lights Went Out in Bethesda:

"Oh dear God. Jim Cantori is in my 'hood. This can't be good.....it is supposed to sleet and snow and it's thundering. And I didn't go to the store. And Adam is gone. Hope the power doesn't go out. I don't know how to start a fire without a gas starter :)"

What I didn't know when I posted this on Facebook was that I had 5 days of no electricity facing me.  Rumor around town was that the power goes out in my neighborhood when the wind blows too hard.  Rumor became fact.  The Pritchetts became Pilgrims.  The house became a refrigerator.  Blankets became gold.  Granola bars became breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  My brother in law's heated condo became the Waldorf Astoria.  A generator became the only item on my Christmas List.  A knowledge for fire building would have been priceless.
5 days later, power was restored and life went back to what we knew as normal.  
At the end of the day.....we survived!

January 21, 2011

"just got an email from Netflix. I hope Harrison is excited on Saturday when Karate Kid comes in the mail. Apparently someone has figured out how to change my queue."

  First it was the tv; then it was my Nintendo DS; then it even became my cell phone (for its games).  Harrison even has his own playlist on my ipod! ......and now Netflix!?  
At the end of that day.....it became clear to me that I needed to take our house back!  

January 12, 2011

"'after watching a commercial for Kaboom Bathroom Cleaner, Cole looked at me and said, "Mommy, you should put that on your Christmath Litht becauth you really need that'"

No narration needed.

January 12, 2011 (at dinner)

"Mommy, get me some applejuice." 
"Harrison, that is not how you ask; try again." 
"May I please have some applejuice?" 
"Much better Harrison"
While I am in the kitchen getting the sweet boy some applejuice, Harrison turns to his Aunt Katy and says, "I probably should have said, 'your Highness'....... "

and to think I used to dream of being on Days of Our Lives.  

January 7, 2011

Harrison last night (with extreme pride and excitement): "Mommy I got a paper fish in my book bag! I got "caught" being a "good listener"! I also got my name in the school's newsletter!!!!! Thank goodness they don't know that I don't listen at home!"

Admitting it is the first step.

2 comments: